Quick Guide to Office 365 Latest Updates
Microsoft 365 and Office 365 subscribers have more access to software updates than the users who have purchased Office key without a subscription. Subscribers receive new features, security updates, and bug fixes as soon as Microsoft releases them. This means that if you have not subscribed, you will be required to check in the Microsoft store for updates frequently.
The following article summarizes the latest updates on Microsoft 365 and Office 365 for Windows, including the latest releases.
Version 2100 (Build 14527.20234)
This is the latest update for Microsoft 365 and Office 365. Microsoft released this build on October 28, 2021, and it fixed a bug in Outlook and PowerPoint, which made these two apps unresponsive when drawing an image.
The build also fixed an issue in Skype for Business (Non-security updates) where the hybrid camera on some laptops failed to show in the SfB client.
Version 2110 (Build 14527.20226)
Microsoft released this build on October 25, 2021, and some of its significant updates include:
- OneDrive and SharePoint data loss prevention (DLP) policy tips in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Expanded the Global Address List (GAL) in Outlook. The application now gives results from GAL when the user's suggestions for a calendar or mail are composed.
- Multiple new features in Teams, including music on hold during consultations or transfer, a live transcript for Teams meetings, a Q&A application for webinars and meetings, and SMS notifications from the Booking app in Teams.
- The Read-Aloud Toolbar in Word now has more natural sounding and voice options.
The update also resolved several issues, including:
- Removed a bug in Access that prevented the app from working when you open the privacy settings window.
- Resolved several issues in excel, including a query update which caused the app to be unresponsive.
- Removed a glitch in Outlook caused a sync failure when creating a preview.
- Resolved an issue in the Office suite where documents with invalid SVGs did not show a red X.
Version 2109 (Build 14430.20306)
Microsoft released version 2109 on October 14, 2021. The build helped fix various unnamed bugs and performance issues.
Version 2109 (Build 14430.20298)
Version 2109 was released on October 12, 2021, and was composed of security updates for Word, Excel, Visio, and the entire Office suite.
Version 2109 (Build 14430.20270)
Released on October 6, 2021, the build resolved an issue in Outlook where the application stops responding when trying to retrieve AutoDiscover settings.
Version 2109 (Build 14430.20234)
This build was released on September 28, 2021, and it featured the following updates:
- A quick way to access the Accessibility tools in Excel.
- Dozens of updates in Teams including a Booking app in Government Cloud Moderate environment, live transcripts, Q&A in Teams meeting, Team Templates, content from the camera, more extensive Gallery for VDI, and a pin chat message.
The feature also resolved some issues with Microsoft 365 and Office 365, including:
- An issue in Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel where documents exported to PDF or XPS formats failed due to updates.
- A bug in Excel that affected customers using the non-MSI version of Office and also solved the issue where Excel stopped working while calculating a workbook.
- Fixed an issue in OneNote, which updated the shortcut for creating a Quick Note to Win + Alt + N.
- Solved an issue in Outlook where the application stopped working after adding a shared calendar to some laptops.
- Solved a glitch in Skype which caused the video share peek to close unexpectedly.
- The update enabled the insert Online video button on Word.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when applying Styles from the Home tab in Word.
Version 2108 (Build 14326.20404)
Microsoft released this build on September 14, 2021, and it consisted of multiple security updates. The update also solved an issue in Outlook where users lost their HTML formatting when saving a draft of an email to disk.
Version 2108 (Build 14326.20348)
This build was released on September 07, 2021, and resolved some of the following issues:
- Fixed a glitch in Excel where not all columns appeared when importing a file from a Dynamic table.
- In OneNote, the feature updated the shortcut for creating a Quick Note to Win + Alt + N.
- The version fixed several issues in Outlooking, including a glitch that made Room Finder stop working, a problem where special characters occurred in error messages, and an issue that caused the links in the location field to be invalid.
- Fixed a problem in Word where the print preview was not loading.
Version 2108 (Build 14326.20238)
The build was released on August 25, 2021, and it featured the following updates:
- Improvements in "Turn on Preview" for shared calendars in Outlooks Office 365.
- Numerous updates in Teams including Live Captions for Teams Meetings, Stream Team Meetings to custom RTMP endpoints, shared calls between Desktop and Mobile, sequential approvals, and error screen during chat failure.
Some of the issues resolved by the build were:
- Fixed a bug in Access that made the system relationship window occur in a different location from where they were dropped.
- Fixed a glitch in Excel where which prevented the ToolPak add-in from working with some Automation security settings.
- Fixed a dozen issues in Outlook, including a bug that prevented users from downloading protected attachments and voice messages, and glitches after Outlook boot.
- Resolved glitches in Word include enabling the insert Online video button, resolving the issues of the app taking more time to save a document than expected, and fixed the bug that prevented users from turning off the Editor options in the Resume section.
- Fixed an issue in Office Suite where some files failed to load after certain add-ins.
Version 2017 (Build 14228.20250)
Microsoft version 2017 update on August 10, 20212. This build consists of several security updates and resolved some issues such as:
- A bug in Excell made some linked Dynamics tables stop working.
- An issue in Office apps caused documents exported to PDF or XPS format to stop responding after recent updates.
Final Thoughts on Office 365 Updates
Office 365 helps your business to store files in the cloud for easy access. To fully utilize Office 365 and its latest products and features, you need to apply the latest updates. The latest versions of Microsoft 365/ Office 365 enable your organization to work on documents or files quickly and efficiently.
At Velocity IT, we provide cloud solutions and cloud services for small and large businesses throughout Dallas. Contact us today to learn more about our services!