Dallas & Fort Worth Cyber Security Services
- Cyber-attacks cost $400 million per day in the United States
- Did you know that 85% of cyber breaches go undetected?
- The average cost to clean up a breach is now $3.8 million.
Cyber security is more important than ever. We hear stories about large companies, national organizations, or government entities hit with a ransomware attack or data breach. We don't hear about the countless Dallas and Fort Worth area companies that suffer in silence.
Velocity IT is here to help Dallas and Fort Worth companies and small businesses tackle the challenges they face with cyber security and the protection from ransomware and data breaches.
We offer a comprehensive suite of services that can tailor to each business's specific needs, including risk assessments, cyber security awareness training, and incident response planning.
Our goal is to help our clients protect their data and their reputations.
I have been a client of VelocityIT for about a year now and I highly recommend Kenny and his crew. I was skeptical initially about using them, but I knew that my business was growing and that I could not handle all the IT things coming my way. I was not trained for it and the needs had grown beyond my abilities (and then some...). So, Kenny and his crews have been a blessing to me and my business. They are responsive each time I need something, they have a tracking system to ensure that problems are solved and the steps are documented, they have the expertise for any issues that come by way, they have also recommended software solutions that have worked for us. Their pricing is a non-issue because I know the time and peace of mind they provide to me are priceless. I don't have to try to solve the issues anymore and take up my time for things that I don't know about, I just tell my people to email Kenny and it gets taken care of. I highly trust them for all my IT needs, big and small. As I grow my business, Kenny and VelocityIT will be with me for the long haul!
How Does Velocity IT Protect Your Dallas Business From Any Cyber Attack?
Cyber threats against organizations in Dallas and Fort Worth continue to evolve. It's more important than ever to have a reliable and committed cyber security team in your corner. That's exactly what you get when you partner with Velocity IT.
Our certified cyber security experts are available 24/7 to monitor your network and ensure that you have the proper defenses. We also offer comprehensive IT consulting services to help you make the most of your technology investments. When protecting your business from cyber threats, Velocity IT is a clear choice.
Velocity IT doesn't mess around with your IT and Network security!
Multi-Layered Cyber Security Protection For Large To Small Businesses In Dallas & Fort Worth
Velocity IT understands that cyber security is a top priority for businesses.
It's more important than ever to have a comprehensive cyber security strategy. We work with clients to implement a cyber security strategy that covers all of their IT systems, providing peace of mind that information is secured with multiple layers of security.
We offer a full range of cyber security services, from malware protection and data encryption to network security and firewalls. We also offer training and consultations to help clients stay up-to-date on the latest cyber security threats.
- Security for your computers, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones
- Security for the entire network, including wireless, remote access solutions, guest networks, and more
- Security for the cloud applications, Microsoft 365, Google, or any other cloud-based technology your Dallas/Ft. Worth businesses may have, including applications for your particular industry.
- Who is accessing your network? Velocity IT will help implement strict identity controls such as SMS verification, two-factor authentication services, and any other identity management solution required to access your data and client information.
- Never forget about making sure you have locks on the doors and windows. Velocity IT works with several key partners in Dallas and Fort Worth who can help with your organization's physical security.
As the world becomes increasingly digital, cyber threats are also rising. Business leaders in Dallas & Fort Worth know that a multi-layered cybersecurity defense is the only way to avoid cybersecurity incidents.
Our Dallas Fort Worth IT experts help companies implement a multi-layered cybersecurity strategy that reduces the risk of cybersecurity issues and increases alignment with compliance requirements.
By taking a comprehensive approach to cyber security, businesses can protect themselves from various threats, including viruses, malware, phishing attacks, and cybercriminals.
By working with our IT experts, businesses in Dallas & Fort Worth can create a customized cyber security plan that meets their specific needs and helps to keep their data safe from cyberattacks.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you protect your business.
What Is Cyber Security?
Cyber security protects computers, networks, and data from unauthorized access or theft. Cyber security includes a range of security measures, including firewalls, anti-virus software, and encryption, designed to protect against various cyber threats.
Organizations use cyber security to protect their networks and data from attack. Individuals can also use cyber security measures to protect their personal information and online accounts.
What Services Do Cyber Security Companies In Dallas Offer?
What Services Do Cyber Security Companies In Dallas Offer?
- A comprehensive cyber security strategy must address all areas of concern (see below). Cyber security companies in Dallas offer various services to help businesses protect their data and infrastructure from cyber-attacks.
- Application security services help to identify and fix vulnerabilities in software applications that attackers could exploit. These services also help to prevent data breaches by monitoring and blocking malicious activity.
- Data security services help to protect sensitive information from unauthorized access and use. These services include data encryption, data loss prevention, and intrusion detection and prevention.
- Network security services help to secure a company's network infrastructure from attack. These services include firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention, and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
- Web security services help to secure a company's website from attack. These services include web application firewall, web content filtering, and website vulnerability scanning.
Cyber security companies in Dallas also offer managed security services. These services provide comprehensive, 24/7 monitoring and protection of a company's network and data.
When choosing a cyber security company in Dallas, it is essential to select one that offers the services that best meet your needs. Be sure to ask about the experience and qualifications of the company's staff and their commitment to customer service. Also, ask for references from satisfied clients.
What Types Of Dallas Companies Need Reliable Cyber Security Services?
As the world increasingly moves online, cybercriminals find new ways to target individuals and businesses.
- Financial institutions are a prime target, as they hold large amounts of sensitive customer data.
- Government institutions are also at risk, as they often have outdated security systems and large networks that are difficult to protect.
- Health care facilities are another common target, as hackers can access patient records and personal information.
- Manufacturing companies are also at risk, as cyber attacks can disrupt production and cause financial losses.
- Finally, cybercriminals often target retail companies to steal customer data and commit identity theft.
While all industries face risks from cybercrime, some are more vulnerable than others. Consequently, businesses need to be aware of the dangers and take steps to protect themselves.
There are several steps that businesses can take to protect themselves from cyberattacks, including:
- Implementing strong passwords and user authentication measures
- Encrypting data
- Creating backups of important data
- Installing security software and updates
- Training employees in cybersecurity best practices
When it comes to cybersecurity, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. The best way to protect your business will vary depending on the specific industry and type of company.
However, by taking steps to beef up your cyber security, you can significantly reduce the chances of being targeted by hackers.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Cyber Security Company In Dallas Or Fort Worth?
When it comes to cyber security, the price of peace of mind is often worth the investment.
For businesses, the cost of cyber security is often an essential expense. It protects valuable data and information, but it can also help prevent costly downtime in the event of an attack. In today's digital age, cyber security is essential for any business that wants to stay ahead of the curve.
One of the most critical considerations is monitoring when it comes to cyber security. After all, if you can't detect intrusions and attacks, you can't do anything to stop them. But what does monitoring entail, and how much does it cost?
Monitoring generally refers to the process of constantly scanning your network for signs of unusual or suspicious activity. This can be done manually, but most businesses prefer to use automated tools. These tools can range from simple programs that keep an eye on log files to complex AI-powered systems that analyze traffic in real-time.
The cost of monitoring depends on the size and complexity of your network. Monitoring can cost as little as $100 per month for a small business with a relatively simple network. Monitoring can cost upwards of $2,000 per month for a large enterprise with a complex network.
Of course, the price is only one consideration. The benefits of monitoring must be weighed against the cost. In most cases, the peace of mind that comes with knowing your network is being monitored 24/7 is worth the investment.
Cyber security is an essential expense for any business that wants to stay ahead of the curve.
Make Employees At Your Dallas Companies Super Human Firewalls!
Cyber Security Starts With Your People, Staff, or Team Members
As cyber threats evolve, businesses need to stay up-to-date on the latest security risks. Hackers are constantly working to exploit new vulnerabilities in your software, and your employees remain the biggest threat to your firm.
In a recent study sponsored by Sophos, 77% of IT professionals noted that they receive frequent reports of phishing scams from their users. Properly educating your employees and providing them with the right tools is one of the most effective ways to manage the human element of the security risk to your business.
By staying informed and taking steps to protect your business, you can help mitigate the risk of a cyber attack.
In today's highly digital society, it's not enough for individuals to know the basics of cyber security.
To create true human firewalls, it's necessary to implement the proper security measures and then enforce them with regular training and reminders. The goal is to develop employees prepared to stand as a buffer between the organization and critical security threats.
Ensure that employees know how to avoid potential problems, including:
- Phishing scams
- Viruses and malware.
Cyber security risks should be taken seriously, and employees should be trained accordingly. You can help create a cyber secure environment for your organization by taking these steps.
How Do Dallas Businesses Spot The Bad Guys?
There are two primary types of social engineering attacks: phishing and vishing.
- Phishing attacks occur when an attacker sends an email masquerading as a legitimate entity to encourage the recipient to click on a malicious link.
- Vishing attacks occur when an attacker contacts the victim by phone or VoIP to elicit information or influence action. Both types of attacks can be highly damaging, as they can give the attacker access to sensitive data.
Employees need to be aware of these attacks and know how to protect themselves. Cyber security training can help employees learn how to recognize and defend against social engineering attacks. Cyber security best practices should be followed to prevent cyberattacks.
What About Social Engineering?
Social engineering is a cyber security threat that involves tricking people into revealing sensitive information or granting access to restricted areas.
A social engineer may pose as a customer service representative, IT support person, or senior executive. They may use high-pressure tactics or try to exploit personal relationships. The goal is always the same: to gain access to sensitive data or systems. To protect against social engineering attacks, employees need to be aware of the threat and know how to identify suspicious behavior.
If someone attempts to pressure them into revealing information or providing access, they should shut down the conversation and report the incident to their supervisor. Employees can help prevent social engineers from gaining access to sensitive data by being alert and taking action.
Who Do Hackers & The Bad Guys Go After?
Cyber attacks have become a serious threat to businesses, governments, and individuals alike as the world increasingly moves online. A cyber attack is an attempt to gain unauthorized access to a computer, computing system, or computer network with the intent to cause damage.
Cyber attacks aim to disable, disrupt, destroy or control computer systems or to alter, block, delete, manipulate or steal the data held within these systems.
While some cyber attacks are relatively inexpensive and straightforward, others can be highly complex and costly. The impact of a cyber attack can be wide-ranging, from minor disruption and financial loss to significant damage to infrastructure and even loss of life.
Cyber security has become a critical concern for organizations of all types.
There are many different types of cyberattacks, but some of the most common include:
- Malware attacks: Malware is a type of malicious software designed to damage or disable computers. Malware can steal data, delete files or infect systems with viruses.
- Phishing attacks: Phishing is a type of social engineering attack that involves sending fraudulent emails or messages to trick people into revealing sensitive information or clicking on malicious links.
- Denial-of-service attacks: A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) is a type of cyber attack that aims to make a computer or network resource unavailable to its users. DoS attacks can be carried out using various methods, including flooding a system with traffic or overwhelming it with requests.
- SQL injection attacks: SQL injection is a type of cyber attack that involves injecting malicious code into a database to execute unauthorized commands or access sensitive data
- Distributed denial-of-service attacks: A distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is a type of cyber attack that uses many computers to flood a target system with traffic, making it unavailable to its users.
Cyber attacks can have a devastating impact on organizations and individuals. To protect against these threats, it is essential to be aware of the different types of attacks and how they are carried out. Organizations should also implement strong cyber security measures to defend against these threats.
I am extremely satisfied with the quality of service provided by Velocity IT. They fixed our technical issues quickly & they are also cost effective. I recommend this company.
Velocity IT - Cyber Security & Super Human Firewall Success Protecting Organizations & Businesses In Dallas & Fort Worth
As cyber security threats continue to evolve, it's becoming increasingly crucial for businesses to take proactive steps to protect themselves.
One of the most effective ways is to create a "human firewall" - employees who are well-trained and aware of potential security threats. By providing appropriate training and information, you can transform how your employees handle potential security threats. While it may be difficult to secure your firm completely, you can create a more effective line of defense that will help heighten your cyber security posture.
Don't Believe Velocity IT - Read A Great Google Review Below
We had 4 different bids with local and regional service providers and found the pricing very competitive based on the scope of service being provided. We have found that the cheapest option is not always the best option, especially dealing with complex IT issues. We have multiple business entities spread across the county and for the price and service provided, Velocity offers a great value to our Company not found in the IT service solution space.
Having worked with larger IT providers, I can tell you that having a larger presence does not solve issues any faster or more reliable. Velocity came into our growing organization with a detail plan for implementation and was successfully in combining several business units under one IT platform. Each user within our ecosystem has a dedicated IT Helpdesk application where tickets are submitted to Velocity with response times usually within 5 to 10 minutes of initial ticket being created. In addition, the person on the other side of the phone is from the DFW area and you are speaking to a real person, not a robot or international presence. The feedback from our employees regarding Velocity has been great – everyone is very happy with response times and the quality of work being performed by Velocity.
As mentioned above, I firmly believe that you get what you pay for. For every task assigned to Velocity, they have been well prepared with a plan before starting any work. As a growing company, they identified our weak areas and put a plan in place to remedy the issues. Each month, our Company receives a detail report on our IT ecosystem. The services that are offered (backups, help desk solutions, spam protection, other IT services) on a per month cost basis is by far one of the best decisions we implemented during the past year. We freed up internal resources dealing with IT and turned it over to Velocity. They order our PC’s for new employees, drive to our offices/plants to setup equipment and assist us in growing our business. I can not remember seeing a “service bill for on-site” support which in these days are rare. From a trust factor – we have turned over IT responsibilities to Velocity and we feel they are not just a service provider but a trusted “partner” in our business. I can go on and on about Velocity, hands down, they are one of the best deals you will find in the IT space and quality of service is out of this world.
Where Does Velocity IT Provide Cyber Security Services?
Velocity IT provides cyber security services across the entire Dallas/Fort Worth metro area, including:
- Fort Worth
- DFW Airport
- Flower Mound
- and everywhere else
Velocity IT is here to be your fully managed IT services company for your dentist practice, medical practice, law firm, accounting firm, architect firm, construction company, engineering firm, vet clinic, animal hospital, church, nonprofit organization, food processing plant and small business. Call us today.